Thursday, February 28, 2019

Potential Astronauts

Image result for nasaWay back in 1958 before we ever had someone land on the moon potential astronauts had to go through extreme conditions for the chance to possibly do their dream. These candidates who wanted to be a astronaut had to take 12 intelligence test and sit in conditions where it is quite hot or cold, while trying to take these exams. Not only were these men put in extreme conditions but they were also often put into isolation chambers as part of their tests. After reading about this I took one of the tests myself or something similar to it, and I can say myself they are not the easiest. When I took the tests I was failing the majority of them so I can not imagine how the men who took the tests had to feel, especially under the conditions they were in. The tests are mainly brain skills and require you to think and I realized while taking it that I wanted to go back and do it again, which I'm sure these candidates did not have the options to do. If I was forced to take tests and under the conditions theses men were under I can not help but wonder how well the men really did on the exams. I guess Armstrong was one of the only ones strong enough to make it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Potential Astronauts

Way back in 1958 before we ever had someone land on the moon potential astronauts had to go through extreme conditions for the chance to pos...